NewYorkBIO – Job Posting - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and expression of interest.
Description: Marketing and Communications Manager
NewYorkBIO is looking for a high-energy, well-organized individual to develop and implement marketing and membership campaigns as well as assist with events and handle some office administration tasks.
Responsibilities include phone/email contact with members, partners and vendors, event coordination and social media and marketing management.
The ideal candidate will be an individual with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility. Must be detail-oriented, have excellent communication and customer service skills, strong computer skills and the ability to multi-task. She/he will work well in a fast-paced, team environment, be self-directed and able to respond quickly, competently and confidently to member needs.Previous employment in life sciences or biotech will be an advantage.
Key responsibilities, but are not limited to
- Develop comprehensive plan for member communication and deliver that plan via social media, website and other appropriate communication channels.
- Work with vendors and partners to support the mission of NYBIO via outreach.
- Manage Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn Accounts.
- Coordinate and schedule monthly newsletters and additional periodic communication with members and supporters.
- Update and post content to NYBIO website as needed.
- Support general office administration, maintain office calendar, assist scheduling of conference rooms, meetings, travel arrangements, etc.
- Support member relations and address queries in a timely manner.
- Coordinate meetings among industry stakeholders as needed.
- Monitor and identify best practices among state bioscience associations.
- Liaise with BIO (international trade association), answer periodic informational requests and distribute information as needed.
- Take minutes/summary notes for key meetings and track action items.
- Support event management, oversee registration and budgets, provide vendor support.
- Maintain and update event calendars and associated promotional plans.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Extremely organized with documents, procedures and office responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task and organize projects, consistently looking for ways to become more efficient in completing tasks.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in new skills including use of membership database.
- Willingness to perform a variety of jobs as requested.
- Strong attention to detail; excellent proofreading skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe, WordPress, and social media platforms.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree with at least 2-years office experience.
- Prior experience managing social media channels and aggregating analytics and metrics.
- Prior experience working with a diverse group of businesses and/or individuals from relevant stakeholder groups.
- Ability to work occasional evenings.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range from $75,000 - $90,000 and will be competitive and based on candidate qualification.Benefits include paid time off and 401(k).