NewYorkBIO State Government Relations Committee
NewYorkBIO is forming a Government Relations Committee (GRC) to better serve our members with an interest in local, state, and federal public policy and a desire to advocate on behalf of the New York biotechnology industry.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER FOR THE COMMITTEE
Membership Committee membership is open to any NewYorkBIO member whose organization is actively engaged in biomedical research.
Regular Meetings The committee will meet in-person in New York City (with a teleconference option) once per month. The committee may meet more often when the New York State Legislature is in session at its own discretion.
Activities The committee may do all of the following:
- Identify local, state, and federal legislation/matters of import to the member companies and make recommendations for how the association should engage (position memos, active lobbying, etc.)
- Coordinate activities with the NewYorkBIO board-level public policy committee to ensure policy platform and specific bill positions align.
- Focus on New York-specific angles of public policy matters before the committee, and provide guidance to the association as to how their public policy agenda and specific positions align with those of other state and federal-level trade groups for biotechnology.
- Host facility tours or roundtable discussions with public policymakers selected by the committee periodically throughout the year.
- Evaluate options for engaging politically in New York State and report findings and recommendations to the NewYorkBIO executive director.
- Provide recommendations to NewYorkBIO staff on how to integrate public policy into the association’s events throughout the year.
- Actively participate in the annual NewYorkBIO Advocacy Day in Albany.