Serving on one of NewYorkBIO’s committees is an excellent way for members to tap into new knowledge as well as shape the strategic issues that affect the industry. NewYorkBIO offers a variety of opportunities to participate in committees, network task force and forums that engage in activities designed to promote the success and growth of members’ businesses and the state’s life sciences industry.
You must be a member in good standing to participate in a committee.
Contact NewYorkBIO to learn how to get involved with committee service.
What is a Committee?
A committee meets on a regular basis and requires volunteer time. You will be involved in organizing and developing programs throughout the year. Committees are open to the general membership.
GOVERNMENT RELATIONS COMMITTEE
NewYorkBIO's Government Relations Committee (GRC) serves our members with an interest in local, state, and federal public policy and a desire to advocate on behalf of the New York biotechnology industry. Committee membership is open to any NewYorkBIO member whose organization is actively engaged in biomedical research.
The committee will meet in-person via teleconference once per month during the NY legislative session and at other times for strategic planning. The committee may meet more often when the New York State Legislature is in session at its own discretion.
The committee may do all of the following:
- Identify local, state, and federal legislation/matters of import to the member companies and make recommendations for how the association should engage (position memos, active lobbying, etc.)
- Focus on New York-specific angles of public policy matters before the committee, and provide guidance to the association as to how their public policy agenda and specific positions align with those of other state and federal-level trade groups for biotechnology.
- Host facility tours or roundtable discussions with public policymakers selected by the committee periodically throughout the year.
- Provide recommendations to NewYorkBIO staff on how to integrate public policy into the association’s events throughout the year.
- Actively participate in the annual NewYorkBIO Advocacy Day in Albany.
For more information or to join the Government Relations Committee, please click here.
ANNUAL CONFERENCE STEERING COMMITTEE
The Annual Conference Steering Committee works to develop the program, speakers, and focus for the NewYorkBIO Annual Conference.
The Annual Conference Steering Committee is open to member companies and designed sponsors of the conference. For information about the Steering Committee or the Annual Conference, contact Jennifer Hawks Bland, CEO.