NewYorkBIO State Government Relations Committee
NewYorkBIO has a Government Relations Committee (GRC) to better serve our members with an interest in local, state, and federal public policy and a desire to advocate on behalf of the New York biotechnology industry.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER FOR THE COMMITTEE
Committee membership is open to any NewYorkBIO member whose organization is actively engaged in biomedical research.
The committee will meet in-person via teleconference once per month during the NY legislative session and at other times for strategic planning. The committee may meet more often when the New York State Legislature is in session at its own discretion.
The committee may do all of the following:
- Identify local, state, and federal legislation/matters of import to the member companies and make recommendations for how the association should engage (position memos, active lobbying, etc.)
- Focus on New York-specific angles of public policy matters before the committee, and provide guidance to the association as to how their public policy agenda and specific positions align with those of other state and federal-level trade groups for biotechnology.
- Host facility tours or roundtable discussions with public policymakers selected by the committee periodically throughout the year.
- Provide recommendations to NewYorkBIO staff on how to integrate public policy into the association’s events throughout the year.
- Actively participate in the annual NewYorkBIO Advocacy Day in Albany.