NewYorkBIO brings together nearly 300 of New York’s bioscience companies, universities, research institutions, and others dedicated to advancing life science research and commercialization. We are the leading advocate for the life science industry in New York.
The New York area is the largest and richest bioscience community in the world: among other assets, the region
- Boasts over 60% of large pharmaceutical national or global headquarters;
- Supports more than 75,000 direct biotechnology jobs;
- Graduates more life science PhDs than any other region in the US;
- Is home to greater than 25% of the clinical trials in the US; and
- Lays claim to the world’s largest concentration of academic medical centers.
We drive innovation and support the development and growth of New York State’s life science industry, our members, and the community by providing a network for information exchange, shared services, and collective action.